There is no way around it. I simply love Christmas. I love everything about it: the buying gifts, the gift wrapping, the family traditions, the meet ups with friends and family, the decorating and so much more.
A few years back, I created an activity calendar for December. I love the idea that each day you’ll get a different task, cozy and a bit practical of course, to do. If I’d had the time, I would have done something along these lines this year, but I want to share a few ideas and a tip with you.
Activities for my Family in December
- Drink hot chocolate
- Watch a holiday movie together
- Make gifts for family members
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Give toys to chairty
- Read a Christmas story each day – We read the Danish book called Nisse Pok
- Make paper snow flakes
- Go ice skating
- Make a gingerbread house
- Sing Shake up Christmas and Last Christmas and dance like crazy
- See the Christmas lighting in the city
- Say hello to Santa
- Listen to one of my favourite Christmas songs – Driving home for Christmas sung by Tina Dickow
Nice and Quick: If you don’t have time to create a new Advent Calendar with activities, check out this 30 Fun Holiday Activities to Fill your Advent Calendar by The (Reformed) Idealist Mom.