I’m starting to feel excited. Fall is my favourite season. I love to keep warm under a blanket and enjoy a cup of coffee, while looking at the leaves changing colours. It’s magical.
Once again I’ve collected a few lovely things, which would make my fall even cooler.
– 1 – A black Fiber Chair from Muuto for my home office – 2 – The Push coffee maker from Muuto – 3 – The really cool Kreafunk Amove dock – 4 – La Bucket hand soap – 5 – A Masterby stool from Ikea – 6 – A W print for William from Playtype – 7 – A Plaid Florence from Ellos
I’ve been home sick for the last couple of days – including most of the weekend. I haven’t been able to do much besides lying down on the sofa or bed. But today, I’m off to work again – at least I’ll try it out and see how it goes. My head is still not all the great.
One thing I did notice while in bed was the new coffee maker Push from Muuto. It’s already on my must see in real life list. I need to feel and explore this beauty.
I’m off to work, so have a wonderful Monday out there.
I’ve started collecting a few ideas for DIY projects for fall. I’m getting rather restless these days – and I need different projects at home to distract me, otherwise I get in a foul mood – and we don’t want that.
Here are a few of the DIY projects on my list:
Le paper globe – I want to make one or two – one for each kid. Want to make your own, then you can print it right here and get started.
Kitchen labels – I found some really cool ones and a guide over at nordic mojo. Unfortunately, the link to his labels doesn’t work anymore. But it’s great for inspiration. I really need labels like these in my kitchen – and it would be the perfect fall project.
Cord decoration – I first saw this idea a few years ago, and I’ve been wanting to try it out for ages. Now that I might have found wooden balls large enough to fit the purpose, there’s no excuse anymore.
Paper airplane – Ever since I saw Tina’s, also known as Traveling Mama, cute decorations for her boy’s birthday party last year, I’ve been wanting to add paper planes to my boy’s room. He’s got a large old school map on one wall in there, so the planes would be really cool. To see more pictures and to have a look at Tina’s guide, click here.
Lamp decoration – Ever since we moved into the new house, over two years ago, I’ve been wanting to change or even throw out a few lamps. Therefore, I think it’s time to either decorate them or get rid of them. I’ve got a few ideas in my head for decoration.
Whether you’re going back to school, starting university or simply going back to work after your holiday, I’m sure you’re dying to make a few changes in your home office.
I know I am. I’ve been moving my habitat table around at home, trying out different corners of our dining room/ my office.
I’ve made a list of ten things to get you going and inspired for another season at your desk.
- First you need to get one of these beautiful Le sac en papier bags. It makes throwing out bits and pieces so much more stylish.
- What about the beautiful desk Overtime desk designed by Stina Sandwall
- You need a great chair. My pick would be About a Chair from Hay, with a beautiful pillow or a blanket.
- A beautiful desk lamp from Kaiser Idell.
- You need to buy a special cup just for you. It should be your special work cup and only be used, when you’re working. What about one from Design Letters.
- Find a print which will inspire you to do your best every day. I would pick something like this one from Etsy.
- You need some beautiful stationary. A notebook and pens. I always stash up on Muji pens and notebooks from Søstrene Grene.
- A new steel mesh board for all your clippings and inspiration.
- You need fresh flowers or green plants to brighten up your day. My pick would either be a black or maybe light pink glass vase from Lyngby Porcelæn.
- A few boxes will keep your workspace nice and clutter-free. I’m crazy about the beautiful ObjectBoxes designed by Maya Bille.
Truth be told, I feel a bit excited every time I get an email about a new ferm living collection. The aw14 collection is stunning. I’ve selected a few of the new things. Do take the time to look through the new catalogue for beautiful styled pictures and inspiration.
My daughter started 2nd grade today, so I’ve got half the day off. It’s an amazing feeling seeing her in class with all her friends. She’s excited about new classes – including English and just getting back to school after the holiday and playing with her friends.
I was also at the day care with my little man this morning as well. It’s something I almost never get the chance to do, because I have to be at work so early. So here I am, at home, drinking a cup of tea and just thinking about what an amazing family I’ve got. I’m a lucky girl.
Here’s a glimpse of what I loved last week:
- Yvonne Koné’s stunning new shop in Copenhagen, I cannot wait to stop by next time I’m in Copenhagen. Note to self: Must buy another one of her beautiful bags.
- A home office, filled with beautiful things; I’m crazy about the table and Le sac en papier.
- Cool news from Ylva Skarp. I’m pretty sure my mother and father bought the balance print for my birthday. On Friday I’ll know for sure.
- And last but not least, Maria Harmuth‘s table. I’m thinking about creating a similar table. I’ve been looking for a new dining table, but it’s really not that easy finding something we both like.