I almost feel like it isn’t really summer if I haven’t been to Gothenburg in Sweden. Last week we decided on a day trip this year with both kids. Unfortunately, the ferry had a little accident on Sunday, and we had to change our plans. We were all pretty excited about the trip, but we decided to go during our fall break instead.
I wanted to return to my favourite coffee spot da Matteo with my husband and both kids.
Photos via Instagram @damatteo
But I also recently discovered another coffee spot, Kafé Magasinet, which I’ve been wanting to explore.
Photos: Henrik Lindén via Yellowtrace
Watermelon screams summer, right. My family and I love eating melons – my youngest one in particular. We call him the fruit monster, because he can eat a whole melon all by himself and still ask for more fruit. Here are a few tips on how you and your family can enjoy it in new ways. Welcome to watermelon heaven.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
It almost feels like autumn here in Denmark. It’s so windy all the time, and we’re not eating outside as much as we had planned. Today, I crave mostly food related stuff like great organic food – preferably in a box from Aarstiderne (Gosh, I really miss our weekly boxes and meal plans). I would love to add Green Kitchen Travels to our collection of cookbooks as well. I plan to make some serious changes in terms of what I eat this autumn. All these lovely and colourful meals would be well served in the Stockholm plate from Ikea. Lastly, I crave this beautiful necklace by Maria Black. It’s my birthday in August, and this beauty is already on my list.
Sources: 1 – 2 (Photo/Colombus Leth) – 3 – 4
Today, I’ll give you 4 delicious desserts on my “to try out this summer list”.
1. I don’t want to wait too long before I make this Salted caramel panna cotta with candied bacon
2. An old time favorite – the Banoffee pie – which I haven’t tried out at home yet
3. I will use some of the Danish strawberries for this No bake Strawberry tart
4. Delicious rhubarb ice popsicles (the recipe is in German)
It’s vacation time, which means longer nights outside with friends, cold drinks, lots and lots of cold brewed coffee, strawberries with cream or in a salad, homemade lemonade and some family time.
2. Must make honey ginger coconut popsicles from kinfolk
3. Cold brewed coffee and homemade coffee syrups from How sweet it is
4. Avocado strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing from Gimme Some Oven sounds like the perfect lunch
5. A Ruby Red Grapefruit Ginger Cocktail from Edible Perspective sounds like the perfect drink
6. Time for parties in the garden like this one
Today, I want to share some more insta love and show you another one of my fellow BYW students. This time it’s @leboudoirgourmand. Melody is a food blogger and photographer from Paris. I get so hungry every time I check out her her IG account. I hope you’ll like her photos just as much as I do. Hop on over to Instagram and check out her photos right here @leboudoirgoumand