I’ll be taking a few days off work this week to relax and just be with my family – gotta love fall break. This whole foot surgery has been more exhausting than any of us had imagined.
We need time to just be us and focus on the little things in life again. I’ve made a mental list of some of the things I want to do with the kids next week:
1. Drik hot chocolate with lots and lots of cream and marshmallows – this would do too
2. Put on some warm clothes and take a walk in the forrest with my family – including the little four legged cutie
3. Play with chestnuts
4. Watch a movie and make chocolate/peanutbutter popcorn
5. Read in bed – and listen to my little one read out loud. I’m still reading (and enjoying) A Little Life.
It’s been quiet in here for some time partly due to my foot surgery. It’s nothing major, but it had me in bed for almost a week. I’m slowly walking around our home now – one step at a time. On top of it, I’m trying to chase away a cold, but it’s not working yet. I cannot wait to go outside later today. It’s a test walk – because I have to get up and go to work tomorrow – and I need to see if I can walk around in shoes.
I’ve been dreaming about fall, cozy nights with hot chocolate, lots and lots of books, blankets and lit candles all around our home. I just bought Kubus 4 – the cool grey one – and I’ve been enjoying it very much. It’s such a pretty color. I posted the above picture on Instagram yesterday, because I was going mad. I really wanted to go outside. If you want to get inspired by this lovely season, check out my new board Fall moments on Pinterest.
My girl turned 10 years old in January. Back then she decided that she wanted a summer party in our garden instead of a birthday party during the cold winter.
I was perfectly fine with that solution (truth be told, I’m more than okay with that solution), and these days we’re planning the party, printing out stuff and deciding on what food to make. It’s a fun mother-daughter activity.
Here’s a selection of the things she wanted to buy at Urban Outfitters for the party.
1. Swan Pool Float
2. Pineapple Ice Cube Tray
3. Corn on the Cob Skewer set
4. Pineapple To-Go Sipper Cup
5. Watermelon Beach Ball
6. Flamingo Ice Cube tray
7. Watermelon Sipper Cup
8. Flamingo Watering Can
9. Cactus light
For more inspiration check out my pinterest board Party Moments. I’ll share some ideas about the food in another post.
I’ve been keeping this list for quite some time now, because I wanted to share some of it here on the blog. I’m not having a bad day today, but I’m trying to be more focused on things to do, when you feel like it’s going to be a bad day. Stay more positive and find the best in everything.
1. Waking up to a clean kitchen.
2. Laughing so hard that you almost (or do) pee yourself.
3. Listening to your favorite new song over and over again.
4. Rereading your favorite book.
5. Wearing a new outfit for the first time and feeling really good about yourself.
6. Listening to thunder when you’re under the covers.
7. When you’re the perfect amount of drunk with your friends.
8. Accomplishing something after wanting it and going after it for a very long time.
9. Getting a good seat on your commute home from work, or driving home with no traffic.
10. Returning home while someone’s in the middle of cooking a delicious meal.
11. Going out to dinner with people who you have truly genuine and enjoyable conversations with.
12. Getting inside right before it starts pouring rain.
13. Putting on flannel pajamas after a long day.
14. When someone reminds you that, no matter what, you’re never alone.
I’ve picked out some of my favourite ones above. For more read the rest of the 50 Of The Happiest Feelings To Remember On A Bad Day.
Image: I’m pretty sure I found it on Mija if not please let me know
I’ve got a few things on my wishlist right now. I’m in need of music when I’m working, and I’ve been looking for the best solution. It would be so cool to be able to listen to music while at work. I’m also shopping for a few things for our trip to Mallorca later on this summer. And with weather like this, I really want to add a few things in our garden as well. We love eating outside, and we’ve had some great nights out in the garden this year.
- Beautiful pink happiness planner
- T-strap leather Sandals from & Other Stories
- Cool led lights for the garden from Ellos
- Menu Carrie
- Amazing Mini Satchel from Yvonne Koné
- Kopardal bed from IKEA for my daughter
- Opjet lamp from Hills Street
- Leather Passport holder from & Other Stories
- aGroove from Kreafunk
Do you know that feeling? You look at one of your friends and you wonder: how on earth does she do it? I’m talking about everyday life. Work. Family. Balance. Life. Fun. And it all looks so easy peasy.
We’ve been having some crazy weeks lately. And between work, picking up kids, soccer practice and cooking dinner, well we haven’t managed much else.
This weekend I had planned to clean the house (for a party next week), and simply pull the plug, and just relax with my family. I’ve managed most of it, but I could use one or two more days just to get my energy back on track.
I’ll leave you with some beautiful pictures from Montana, which I really love.