I’ll be taking a few days off work this week to relax and just be with my family – gotta love fall break. This whole foot surgery has been more exhausting than any of us had imagined.
We need time to just be us and focus on the little things in life again. I’ve made a mental list of some of the things I want to do with the kids next week:
1. Drik hot chocolate with lots and lots of cream and marshmallows – this would do too
2. Put on some warm clothes and take a walk in the forrest with my family – including the little four legged cutie
3. Play with chestnuts
4. Watch a movie and make chocolate/peanutbutter popcorn
5. Read in bed – and listen to my little one read out loud. I’m still reading (and enjoying) A Little Life.
I’ve been keeping this list for quite some time now, because I wanted to share some of it here on the blog. I’m not having a bad day today, but I’m trying to be more focused on things to do, when you feel like it’s going to be a bad day. Stay more positive and find the best in everything.
1. Waking up to a clean kitchen.
2. Laughing so hard that you almost (or do) pee yourself.
3. Listening to your favorite new song over and over again.
4. Rereading your favorite book.
5. Wearing a new outfit for the first time and feeling really good about yourself.
6. Listening to thunder when you’re under the covers.
7. When you’re the perfect amount of drunk with your friends.
8. Accomplishing something after wanting it and going after it for a very long time.
9. Getting a good seat on your commute home from work, or driving home with no traffic.
10. Returning home while someone’s in the middle of cooking a delicious meal.
11. Going out to dinner with people who you have truly genuine and enjoyable conversations with.
12. Getting inside right before it starts pouring rain.
13. Putting on flannel pajamas after a long day.
14. When someone reminds you that, no matter what, you’re never alone.
I’ve picked out some of my favourite ones above. For more read the rest of the 50 Of The Happiest Feelings To Remember On A Bad Day.
Image: I’m pretty sure I found it on Mija if not please let me know
Do you know that feeling? You look at one of your friends and you wonder: how on earth does she do it? I’m talking about everyday life. Work. Family. Balance. Life. Fun. And it all looks so easy peasy.
We’ve been having some crazy weeks lately. And between work, picking up kids, soccer practice and cooking dinner, well we haven’t managed much else.
This weekend I had planned to clean the house (for a party next week), and simply pull the plug, and just relax with my family. I’ve managed most of it, but I could use one or two more days just to get my energy back on track.
I’ll leave you with some beautiful pictures from Montana, which I really love.
It’s Saturday morning, and I’m dreaming about a new kitchen (once again) while looking at Vola HV1 one hand mixer for our bathroom. I’m loving the design, and it’s been on my to buy list for ages.
It’s six o’clock in the morning and I’m the only one up. So I thought it would be a nice time to write something here on the blog. Last weekend I found this beautiful raw kitchen in a Swedish home. I’ve been dreaming about a raw wall like this one ever since. I would love to update our kitchen, and make it more contemporary.
I keep looking at some of the solutions in this kitchen, and imagine how I can do something similar in our own kitchen.
I’ve got one more thing I want to share with you today, besides from my Easter egg craving, which I wrote about in my previous post today. Last weekend, I came across this beautiful family home in Sweden. I really love some of the ideas, like the grey stools. I’ve got some from Ikea that would look great in different shades of grey. The kid’s room os also pretty cool, if you ask me. They’ve found some cool toys for that kid.
Images: Fantastic Frank
I’ve been saving these pictures, but never got around to publishing them here on the blog. It’s yet another busy week at work, and these days I’m way too tired to get things done, when I return in the late afternoon.
I really like the atmosphere in this family home. It’s such a nice mix of furniture and cool personal details all around the home.